Dekaron-DreamLand

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dekaron-DreamLand

[GUIDE] How To Mod With Gimp

[DEKARON]Viperious
    [DEKARON]
    [DEKARON]

[GUIDE] How To Mod With Gimp Empty [GUIDE] How To Mod With Gimp

Post by [DEKARON]Viperious Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Hello, i try to make this guide simple and easy as possible!

Before we can start you need GIMP, download it Click
    Then second thing you need is DDS plugin, download it Click
    Now install GIMP, after that you can install DDS plugin, how to do that? Just extract your plugin to C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins and its should work!

Finally we can start with real fun! Very Happy

First we find item what to mod! How to find right item?

All weapon textures are "Dekaron-Apocalypse\data\texture\item" and armor textures are "Dekaron-Apocalypse\data\texture\character" and costume textures are "Dekaron-Apocalypse\data\texture\costume"

Some weapon codes:
    sword-swd
    shield-sld
    knuckle-gan
    dagger-ssw
    2h sword-lsw
    axe-max
    bow-bow
    cross bow-crs
    2h axe-gax
    mace-mac
    2h mace-gma
    twinblade- tba
    wand-wad
    staff-stf
    spear-spr
    guardarm-gda
    whip-wip
    fishing pole-nac

Character codes:
    mage-sor
    summoner-sum
    bagi-war
    hunter-arc
    segnale-hil
    knight-swd
    aloken-alo

Armor codes:
    helmet-hel
    coat-cot
    gloves-glv
    pants-pat
    boots-bot

Wing codes:
    win - wings (102)
    win02 - wings (160)
    win_ga - wings (130 modded)

Usually lvl 1 weapons end with 01.dds and from there you can go on until lvl 160!
    Note! Its easy with GIMP beacuse you see also thumbnails of dds files!

Now open your GIMP and from menu choose File>Open> locate your game texture folder!

[GUIDE] How To Mod With Gimp Tutori10

How to color? Well GIMP have different tools to color but best tool at the start is Colors>Color Balance, theres only 3 sliders but you can do alot things with these:D

[GUIDE] How To Mod With Gimp Tutori11

After you found right color we must save, File>Save ! If you use DDS plugin first time i suggest to use File>Save As, its bring up other window, choose File Type> DDS image>save>replace after that you get another window.

[GUIDE] How To Mod With Gimp Tutori12

After that you get another window, there you can choose different Compression, Format, Color,Mipmap,Gamma

[GUIDE] How To Mod With Gimp Tutori13

hat compression to choose? You can always use none without problems, but sometimes its dosnt give good results(like transparent border over objects or holes in objects).

My suggest for textures that are'nt transparent, use BC1/DX1 for best quality, but if you mod something transparent like 160 weapons, you cant use this because its make them opaque in game , so then i use BC2/DXT3, i know theres alot different compressions but most of these dosnt give any good quality result! You can also find more info about
    itClick

Credit To Indrek888

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:19 am